The Walk Through
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Buying Miami Real Estate and other Miami Real Estate topics.
What should I look for during my Miami home inspection and walk through?
When you conduct a walk through of your new construction Miami home, or your older Miami home, you should be armed with a checklist of things to look out for. If you can, make sure these items are addressed in the home inspection, but either way, make sure you know what you are looking for or you bring someone who does know. Here is a great list to help you learn what to be wary of in your Miami home inspection or walk through:
- Plumbing leaks, noisy pipes and any signs of a roof leak.
- Loose or damaged roof tiles or shingles.
- Check all doors and windows to ensure they are in working condition.
- Make sure all heating and cooling units are fully functional and make sure all drains and clear and in working order.
- Verify that all the fixtures are working, that the kitchen and bathroom drains are in working order and that there are no blocked sewer lines.
- Make sure the appliances are functional if they were furnished by the builder/developer.
- Make sure all electrical fixtures and outlets are in working order.
- Walk the property to look for any potential drainage issues.
- Make sure all the cabinets in the home (kitchen and bathroom) and working.
- Check for any unfinished areas around windows and doors.
- Make sure there is sufficient insulation in the attic or crawlspace.
- Make sure all conditions of the contract have been met and satisfied in full. If there were any changes from the original plans, you should know about them.
- Ensure that all floor tiles are intact.
- Make sure all of the finishing work is high quality (painting, finishes, molding, etc.)
- Make sure any installed alarm or intercom system is working.
- Make sure all landscaping requirements have been included (sprinklers, shrubbery, etc.)