South Florida Utilities
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Relocating to Miami and other Miami Real Estate topics.
What are the utility companies in Miami?
A great Miami relocation tip: Identify your utility companies before you get there.
- Your electricity will be coming from Florida Power and Light.
- Water comes from the Miami Dade County Water and Sewer Department. Check their website for changing your account and for any water usage restrictions.
- For phone, Bell South is the largest provider, but you'll probably be able to use a smaller carrier if you want to.
- If you want cable television or Satellite TV, check with friends and neighbors for recommendations or hop on the internet and do a simple "Miami Cable Television" search for the various providers. Since this is a time when you have to pay a set up fee, check on prices for Satellite TV. During the hurricanes, many people lost cable for days and weeks, but Satellite TV users didn't lose service.
- Check with your local town or city hall for information about trash collection and recycling.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.