Miami New Construction Checklist
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Miami Preconstruction and New Construction Homes and other Miami Real Estate topics.
What should I ask my Miami home builder?
When you are choosing your Miami developer or Miami builder, develop a list of questions to ask before you go in. You need to know about what you want and what you are or aren't willing to live without.
- Know your needs so you can choose the best home design?
- What are the building codes in your area?
- Who is the contact person for you project?
- Are the sizes and shapes of rooms predetermined? What would work best?
- What don't you like about your current home?
- Learn about the home drawing and what means what? (Symbols for Windows, Doors etc.)
- Are there any title encumbrances of the subdivision?
- What are the home specifications? Who will provide them?
- How do we work out disputes about completed projects and uncompleted projects?
- When will the house be completed?
- What kind of contracts do they require? Can you have your attorney review them?
- What materials will be used in the home? How do I know if they are high quality?
- Can I change things during the project, after completion?
- Do I get to pick the paint color? Wood finishes? Molding?
- Is yard and grounds landscaping included?
- Can I come to the site while the home is being completed?
- If I want something specific in my home and can get a good price, can I buy it? Who installs it?
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.